At orientation, we will discuss:
- your goals and expectations.
- making the transition from high school to college.
- study tips.
- communicating with your family and options for visiting throughout the program.
- how to log your off-site travel plans with the U.S. Department of State.
- how to budget and handle your money.
- purchasing travel insurance.
- maintaining good health while you’re abroad.
- support services.
- College of Charleston transfer policies.
- transitioning to the College of Charleston in January 2018.
- Signing up for housing
- Selecting a meal plan (mandatory)
- Moving into your residence hall
- First day of classes
Living abroad – panel discussions specific to each location
- Going through customs and immigration
- Transportation to campus
- Where you will be living
- Where to find the essentials (banks, grocery stores, restaurants, school supplies, etc.)
- iCharleston specific programming