Program Schedule and FAQs
Foundation for International Education (FIE)
This London-based, non-profit educational organization, provides customized partnership programs and individual enrollment programs in London and Dublin for undergraduate students. Affiliated U.S. institutions include Northeastern University, Drexel University, and Franklin & Marshall College.
- London Orientation (225 kb, pdf)
- Site Director Bio - Luke Morris (307 kb, pdf)
- Site Director Bio - Olivia Ghiz (557 kb, pdf)
- 2016 London Program Orientation Presentation
- 2017 London Location Guide: All You Need To Know (437 kb, pdf)
June 29 - 30
iCharleston Family Orientation on College of Charleston Campus
Pre Departure Orientation
Students arrive London
August 24 – 25
Oct 16 – 20
Students depart London
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do if I am having trouble filing for a visa?
- FIE provides visa support and visa-related customer service.
What facilities will be made available to iCharleston participants while in London?
- You’ll have access to a computer lab (open 24/7) with 20 PCs whee you can print your first 50 pages for free, and around-the-clock access to study lounges. All buildings have wireless Internet.
What housing services are offered to iCharleston participants?
- You will live in a shared, dormitory-style, self-catering accommodation. Each floor has a kitchen and ample lounge space. Furniture provided includes a single bed, bunk beds and wardrobes.
- Linens, blankets, and pillows will be provided in addition to a weekly cleaning service that provides fresh linens. FIE Residence Life Supervisors, a Residence Life Co-ordinator, and a Residence Life Manager are staffed in each FIE residential building. There will always be a designated residence life staff member on duty should issues arise. There is prominent security in the residence halls 24/7.
Will iCharleston participants have access to a meal plan?
- There will be no meal plan options in London though full kitchen services are provided for each participant.
What kitchen appliances will be available?
- Each floor has a fully equipped kitchen, which includes microwaves, stoves, ovens and utensils such as pots, pans, plates, bowls, silverware, etc.
What laundry services will be available?
- Laundry facilities are available in all residence halls for student use. Approximate cost is £3.00 per wash and £1.50 per dry. Local laundrette costs about £7.00 for a wash and dry (machines tend to be larger so you can wash more in one go)
What travel and insurance options are there for iCharleston participants?
- Endsleigh travel insurance is included for all participants from program fees. Travel is covered by Endsleigh for up to 21 days of travel during the program dates. Participants will receive policy documents via email a few weeks after they are enrolled with FIE.
- A Zone 1 and 2 transportation pass for travel on the London Underground, city trains and buses will be provided to each iCharleston participant.
Will there be co-curricular trips made available for iCharleston participants?
- Field trips through FIE vary depending on the course and faculty. All courses incorporate visits to sites and institutions around London. Guest speakers also participate where relevant.
- In addition, iCharleston Site Directors complete programs throughout the semester specifically for the participants within this program. CofC faculty and/or staff may be involved in these programs.