The Office for the Academic Experience strives to provide College of Charleston students with educationally purposeful activities which promote intellectual development, lead to deeper engagement in academic life, and support student success both in and out of the classroom.
- To promote student engagement in transformative learning experiences both in and out of the classroom.
- To assure student success in ways that challenge all students to overcome obstacles in order to do their best work.
Departments that report directly to the Associate Vice President for the Academic Experience, Kay Smith, include:
- Academic Advising and Planning Center
- The Center for Student Learning
- New Student Programs, including Orientation, Living and Learning Communities
- The Center for Excellence in Peer Education
- The Office of the First-Year Experience
- Student Retention, including ROAR Scholars
- Undergraduate Academic Services, including the Provisional Program